Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Easy Homemade French Breakfast Puffs


One of my dear friends on Instagram (mamijami123) inspired me to search for a recipe for French Breakfast Puffs like the ones pictured above. I found lots of recipes, but I tried this one.


(Note: I added 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and will add a bit more the next time I bake these yummy muffins.)

French Breakfast Puffs

  • Prep Time10min
  • Total Time35min
  • Servings15

Ingredients

1/3
cup shortening
1/2
cup sugar
1
egg
1 1/2
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2
cup milk
1/2
cup sugar
1
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2
cup butter or margarine, melted

Directions 

  • Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 15 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x1 1/4 inches. 
  • Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and the egg throughly in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with milk. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. 
  • Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll hot muffins immediately in melted butter, then in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound good. I'll be right over.

Anonymous said...

ooooo, those sound great!!!

Joanne Noragon said...

Look lovely.

Endah Murniyati said...

Hmmm... looks so yummy!