Thursday, June 4, 2015

That is Asking A Lot in a Love Letter--Nearing the Wedding (Anniversary) Date


16 May 1980
Friday Night

Dear Mother and Daddy,

I know I've asked you to do a thousand things, well, here are numbers 1001 and 1002. Please send a money order for $3.50 to the Drivers License Bureau. I couldn't get an American money order here, so I had to ask you. Please send the money order and the enclosed form to: Verification Section, P.O. Box ------, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70896.

Daddy, J. would like to have a cap with a bill ( like a baseball cap). Maybe they have them at R.J. Jones the kind from paint companies, etc. size 62 cm or 25 inches. If you don't see one, don't go out of the way to find it. 

We are looking forward to your visit. J's dad is already worrying about how he and Daddy will get along. I told him that everyone will have to speak distinctly and listen carefully. But you will both like their home since it is in the country.

We worked yesterday on the swimming pool ( don't forget your swimsuits) and cleaned the barn. This week-end we'll finish up our mess.

I've been able to sit in the sun every day this week. I'm not brown, but I'm getting that way.

I'll close and get this in the mail. We'll see you in 19 days.

Love, J. & Linda

1 comment:

handmade by amalia said...

A wonderful piece of family history.
Amalia
xo