Wednesday, December 3, 2014

LL 13 november 1979

13 november 1979
dinsdag middag

Beste Mother and Daddy,

We had another long week-end in Olst, and I'm trying to get back to my old self today. I slept a little too late, so I'm still "groggy." But I've already washed a load of clothes and shopped a little, and it is not noon yet. Today is Dutch study day, plus I still have to write a report to mail to Michigan State on Friday. As you see I rarely am bored.

I worked at the Middle School in The Hague again Friday (5th graders--I thought of W. all day). J's sister A. and her husband P. came to spend the night as soon as I
arrived home from school (around 4:30--I have a 1 hour drive from the Hague). They ate at friends, and J. and I had Kentucky Fried Chicken. It was our first experience here, and we were pleased.

Source: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=172320

Saturday morning all four of us slept late and then drove to Olst that afternoon. Sunday night we went to dinner, and I ate so much I was sick. It doesn't seem to bother anyone but me. Maybe my stomach doesn't like such rich food. We came back home last night around 6:00, and I've felt like a wet dishrag ever since. The sun is out today, but that doesn't seem to help.

We will definitely be able to make the trip to visit you about a month from now. I have written you the dates, but I'll write you the particulars later.

I must do some Christmas shopping next week. There will be a special Thanksgiving service at the Pilgrim Fathers' Church in Delfshaven (Delfts Harbor) on Thanksgiving.

Source: http://rotterdamthroughmylens.blogspot.com/2014/01/ooievaar-en-pelgrims.html

I will go to that, and I plan to go to the Scottish church this coming Sunday. The American Women's Club Thrift shop is located there, and I went there last Thursday. I enjoyed the meeting and plan to join the club.

I am enclosing several photographs that you might enjoy. Take care of them for me since I haven't had reprints made yet.

Photo #1
D., my DAF, and me. You can also see J's van in the left corner. This was taken 3 weeks ago at the S's.

Photo #2
You can see I ate much pasta in Italy. Aren't the snow-capped mountains in Italy beautiful? This was taken in late August.

Photo #3
My living room and plants in Rotterdam. This photo was taken in early July.

Photo #4
S. and J. See any resemblance? I thought you would especially like this one!!

I'll close now and run mail this. Write when you have a chance. We'll see you soon!!
Love,
Linda

No comments: