Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thriftier than the Thrifty

When you live in the land of bakeries, you don't bake. (My MIL's oven was a storage place for pots and pans.)

When you live in the land of flower shops/stalls, you grow your own in your garden or you visit the shop.

While living here for these five weeks, I bake in our oven and "sample" from the overgrown weeds on the old demolished hospital lot across the street.

Photos of cookies I do not have to show, but here are my "free" flower arrangements:

I have no idea what these plants are called. But I love the fish bowl display, fuzzy seeds and all.

Another shot after I opened the windowshades.

The old cobwebby buffet looks royal with fresh cuttings.

Can't even tell this is a plastic vase!

Something to complement my ASCP table and tray. And, yes, I know that is English ivy and holly!

In the dark foyer, a small stainless creamer does a nice job as vase.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely little touches of greenery.

Janneke said...

Daar hoef je niet voor naar een bloemenwinkel, leuk al die verschillende 'groene stukjes' door het huis.

Anonymous said...

Mooie bloem/herfststukjes gemaakt!
Je maakt je verblijf aangenaam.
Nog veel plezier!

Lieve groet,
Gerry

Janie Junebug said...

Those photos are pretty. You are very creative.

Love,
Janie