Sunday, August 31, 2014

Waverly and Joe's Bayou

No love letter today.
Just a love drawing.

Last night while reading through the last of the love letters to my parents, I came across this drawing of their home in Waverly, Louisiana. Our then 6 1/2 year old son and I spent several weeks the summer of 1990 with my parents out at their home on Joe's Bayou.

In October of that same year, "little J." drew this picture: 

I love the alligator and canoe and even snake in the bayou. 
What about the bench out in the backyard? 
And that railroad track across the road! How many times did that train whistle wake us?

This is the Google Map snap.

And this is Joe's Bayou.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really got all the detail in.

Janie Junebug said...

Okay, I get the house, the alligator, and the train tracks. But on the far right and under the house, are those trees? Oh, I just found the canoe. That's very good for such a young guy.

Love,
Janie

Wendy Bellino said...

❤️

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love a child's interpretation of things, some days it astounds me with my little ones other days it cracks me up. What a lovely pic.