Thursday, January 30, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Sunday, January 26, 2014
My heart art project:
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
"It can be triggered by any action which stimulates the posterior semi-circular canal which may be:
- Tilting the head
- Rolling over in bed
- Looking up or under
- Sudden head motion
- Post head injury
BPPV may be made worse by any number of modifiers which may vary between individuals:
- Changes in barometric pressure - patients often feel symptoms approximately two days before rain or snow
- Lack of sleep (required amount of sleep may vary widely)
Brandt-Daroff Exercise for Vertigo
- Move into the lying position on one side with your nose pointed up at about a 45-degree angle.
- Remain in this position for about 30 seconds (or until the vertigo subsides, whichever is longer), then move back to the seated position.
- Repeat on the other side.
People using this exercise usually are instructed to do 20 repetitions of the exercise at least twice a day.