Friday, December 13, 2013

Would the World Have Christmas Without Women?

I know that I should not let what my immediate family do influence my beliefs about most things, but I have been wondering.

Wondering what Christmas (or most celebrations/holidays, for that matter) would be like without WOMEN?

Especially at this time of the year, I see women busy with shopping for gifts and groceries, decorating Christmas trees and homes, cooking delicious meals and holiday treats, wrapping oodles of gifts, creating homemade gifts and decorations, writing notes and sending Christmas cards, and wishing everyone  "A Very Merry Christmas."

Would there be Christmas without women?

If you have ever wondered about this question, please pour a cup of coffee or tea and read these two enlightening articles from two different parts of the world:

http://www.monitor.co.ug/Magazines/Full-Woman/What-would-become-of-Christmas-without-women-/-/689842/1648404/-/b6g93cz/-/index.html

And

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-12-15/lifestyle/9312140390_1_christmas-men-are-smart-great-wife

6 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

I've thought about this too (rather bitterly at times, I confess). Sometimes it seems that all the men do is show up and eat. But at least in my house they also do the dishes! :)

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Best post ever!!! I mean, let's face it...Would ANY holiday happen without women? In my family, we even have to plan the Mother's Day get-together, as well as our birthdays. :( #NotCool XOXO

Linda said...

Doing the dishes is good! Happy Holidays (and I have said those words for over 40 years!) Linda

Linda said...

Just what I thought, too. Hugs and Good Tidings, Linda

Jumble Tree said...

interesting thought! My husband has very little to do with the Christmas prep, sometimes I feel a bit resentful and wish he'd get more involved. Having said that, if he took over one year, don't know if I'd like that much either! x

Linda said...

Researching for this post was really easy. I found only the two newspaper articles! Guess I am making a mountain out of a molehill. Love my two Christmas garlands! Forget the Christmas tree this year. And maybe the next few years! I am going for the lights!!!! Happy Holidays! Linda