Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Compassion

When my maternal grandfather passed away on November 11, 1959, I remember the telephone call that my mother received with the sad news. 

She cried. And I cried. 

I was an elementary school student and knew my Papaw well and was so sad that he had passed away. But I think I cried because I was sad for my mother. She had lost her father, and we lived far away from her family.

On Sunday during the Jewish tour, I felt some of the same compassionate feelings when our guide mentioned the families who during WWII were taken from their homes and later put to death.

And then what about the compassionate feelings that we all have about the thousands of men, women, and children who are suffering from the devastating typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines?
These people need more than compassionate thoughts and prayers. 

They need help!


3 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Yes.

It's me said...

Hhahahaha...yes i know that...but i am too lazy to change...but the important thing is you understand what i mean...that's me....it's me !!!...hahahah..i call my husband husbunny...)))..thanks for your nice comment !! love Ria...x !

It's me said...

Done !!..))..x !