Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Steppers



These were probably my first shoes. So you are looking at shoes almost 65 years old, I think. One shoelace is missing, but who cares? 







If you look really carefully, you can see the white shoe polish that my sweet mom painstakingly added every time I scuffed them. Her story goes that she continued the shoe polishing even after I began attending school. My little saddle oxfords had to look perfect every day, according to Mom. (You might enjoy my 88 year old mom's blog Ridges of Lee County at http://ridgesofleecounty.blogspot.com/.)

Now here is a look at my red sandals:


Aren't these precious? They look like they saw a lot of sandboxes.


And my parents got their money's worth.


11 comments:

Paulette said...

My mom had my baby shoes bronzed. How sweet your little red sandals are. What keepsakes, precious.

Linda said...

My parents bronzed my second shoes, little high-tops. They are bookends and were used so much that they are in bad shape. Actually I am not sure where they are. I just keep digging deeper into this old stuff. Oops, keepsakes! ;)

Endah Murniyati said...

Old shoes... but it's still beautiful. I'm sure you keep that shoes very well.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

The shoes are so cute! Love the little red pair of sandals! :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

Linda said...

Thanks, Holly.

Linda said...

I actually have never done anything special with them. 65 years in a drawer or on a shelf. Wish we aged as well! Linda

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These are adorable...tiny, precious little feet. I have the bronze version, I prefer yours. They really are fun to have.

Thank you for stopping by to see me, hope you will visit again; maybe the weather will cool off for both of us soon. What we need desperately is rain, but I imagine you have plenty of that.

Have a happy weekend.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

How sweet that your Mother kept them for you all these years! Saddle oxfords! Boy do I remember those.....they NEVER wore out! I remember trying so hard to scuff them and wear them out so I could get some DIFFERENT shoes......I even remember my Dad cutting the toes out of them when my foot got too long so I had "sandals" for the summer.....and then you know it....the new school year came and MORE saddle oxfords!!......hahaha

Donna Wilkes said...

I have two dresses, a winter coat, and my blankie from over fifty years ago. No shoes though - we had to wear ours then pass them on down. I find baby shoes so sweet.

Ann said...

The little boots look so soft and comfortable

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

soooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!!! TFS!!! hugs...