Thursday, November 29, 2012

You Are Gifted

It is that time of year. Gift searching and gift giving.

I remember back in the early 70's when my annual salary was less than $5,000 and my Christmas gift limit per family member was $7.50. Why that strange amount? It was probably what the first purchased gift costed, so I kept that amount for the rest.

Back then we had only seven immediate family members (Mom, Dad, my two brothers, one sister-in-law, one grandchild, and me), so I had only six presents to whip up at Christmas. And whip up I sometimes did. Back then I sewed housecoats as Christmas presents. For friends I filled pretty glass jars with layers of dried beans or punched and studded oranges with cloves to make pomanders.

I never seemed to have a special boyfriend at Christmas, so that made gift giving easy. And there are no old "boyfriend" gifts stashed in the cupboards around here. No regrets about that either!

One of the best gifts I have ever received is this iPad. This fall it was a lifesaver when our laptop did not function properly while we were in Europe. Although my hub still thinks the touch stuff is annoying, I love my iPad!

Just wish my gift receivers will think the same about my homemade gifts this year. ;)

No comments: