Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lost Son-in-law

Last night my youngest brother lost his son-in-law! Well, let's put it a different way. His son-in-law seemed to be lost.

The two guys came out here to my brother's property to hunt deer. They came after three o'clock in the afternoon, and we thought that was strange. At this time of year darkness falls quickly and at around 5:00 pm.

But they know better than we non-hunters, right? Wrong this time!

At a little before six my brother drove up to ask if we had seen his daughter's young husband. My hub and I were just then saying goodbye to our son, but as soon as he drove off then we started turning on as many lights inside and outside so that the lost hunter could see his way back in the otherwise pitch dark woods.

My brother seemed pretty calm about the whole thing until he could not understand why his son-in-law was not answering his mobile phone. Knowing that we don't get good reception out here in the country, my hub and I were not too surprised at that. 

Before I could pick up the phone to call our kind hunting neighbor and friend to come help my brother go out in a real search effort, I heard, "He's back." And there he was! Not lost at all. Just staying out until dark like his father-in-law had said he should do. (Sigh)

No comments: