Saturday, August 4, 2012

Took a Break

I took a short break from blogging, since I couldn't get this blog to do what I wanted it to do. An example of that is my Mending Fences poem. I still have a lot to learn about blogging!

Before I go deadhead my knockout roses (which should do that themselves!), I will publish a recipe.

Sponge Cake (Memaw's)

4 eggs
2/3 cups water
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon lemon extract

Separate eggs. Put yolks in a large mixer bowl. Add water to egg yolks. Beat 8 to 10 minutes. Add sugar gradually to egg yolks. Fold in flour and salt. Set aside.
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar. Beat real stiff. Add lemon extract to egg yolks mixture.
Fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
Put in ungreased tube cake pan.
Bake 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
When done, invert pan and let cool. Remove from pan.

No comments: