Sunday, July 29, 2012

No Lemon, Please!

That isn't I. I like lemon anything.

But as my hub is not a lemon fan, we rarely have lemon desserts around here. One time he was gone on a trip to visit his parents, and I actually bought (instead of making) a lemon icebox pie and ate the entire thing. In several days, mind you. But it was ALL MINE. Actually I could do that when he is here, since he would not touch it. Don't know who I was fooling. Maybe I thought I could eat it all in one sitting. That is too rich and too sweet for my taste!

Now here is a dream of a lemon cake ;) from Just Plain Cooking:

Lemon Dream Cake (Memaw's)

1 package lemon cake mix
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup apricot nectar
1/2 cup oil

Blend all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread batter in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly.
Cool right side up for about 15 minutes. Then remove from pan.

Glaze

Blend 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pour over warm baked cake.

This cake can also be baked in two 9 inch layer pans for 30 - 35 minutes.

No comments: