Friday, June 22, 2012

Warm Donuts

Two warm glazed donuts and one richly chocolate filled donut! That is what I treated myself to on my birthday today. We are at our son's home in the big, big city, and after taking Flip on his early, early morning walk, he and I drove a short shady distance to get fresh donuts. Yummy!

For a while back in the 70's I lived across the street from a donut shop. That is when I learned to like the chocolate filled donuts from Shipley's. They still taste the same as back then. But this morning I could not resist the still warm plain glazed donuts sweating in the closed box, so I tried out those, too. They were better than the 5 cent donuts we used to buy after Sunday School back in the 50's and 60's.

So if your math is any good, you have figured out that I am a Baby Boomer. One year to go before I reach retirement. HA HA, I stopped working paying jobs a few years ago! Retire can mean to withdraw or even to go to bed, and I haven't done much of either of those since stopping "work." Let's just say that I work when I want to work. No real rules or guidelines. No punching the clock or following dress codes. Just doing what needs to be done and what I want to do.

So when the guys are awake, I will sit down with them and have breakfast. Donuts, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my first born !!! So many years. Have a good time in Houston. Enjoy all the Donuts, I'd like to have some too.Mom