Sunday, June 10, 2012

In a Sauna

I remember going into a sauna once in my life. I had just met my future hub, and he took me there. I remember that I could hardly breathe and left there almost immediately.

Well, yesterday while outside smashing caterpillars that were eating on my tomato plants, I had the same feeling. The earth was so humid from the heat and the 4 inch rain that we had that the feeling was like a sauna. Later in the day I tried to give some water to my geraniums in the protected window boxes, and I had the same feeling.

Although our pond is slowly filling, I really do not like this humidity. And now the grass and weeds have gotten a boost, so the trim work will be back in business. Complaining? Well, maybe.

So let's think about something yummy.

Our beagle loves to snack, and so do I. Actually he and I have similar tastes, except I don't eat dog biscuits! But we do both eat peanut butter. His favorite treat is peanut butter on vanilla wafers. I have learned to cut the wafers into two pieces, since he can get choked trying to swallow the whole thing. He is really funny when the PB gets stuck in his mouth. But he loves it. And so do I. Here is another PB cookie recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookies (Memaw's)

1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift dry ingredients together. Set aside.
Cream butter, sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture. Mix well.
Roll about 2 teaspoons of mixture into a ball. Place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until brown.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

DrivingDutchman said...

*Choked

Linda said...

Thanks for being my proofer. I could blame my mistake on automatic correction. LOL