Friday, May 18, 2012

Two Fifty Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

If you are really interested in the history of the two fifty cookie recipe, just Google it. I have heard so many versions that I do not want to even begin to try to remember which was the original one. Just a hint: it didn't cost $2.50. Oh, now I spoiled the story!!! Here is the recipe Memaw put in Just Plain Cooking in 1990. So that has to be an old story.

Neiman-Marcus $250 Cookies (Memaw's)

2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 cups flour
3 cups blended oatmeal (blend or process to fine powder in blender)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
24 ounces chocolate chips
1/8 ounce grated Hershey bar
3 cups chopped nuts

Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix together flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chips, grated Hershey bar, and nuts. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes at 375 degrees F. Makes 112 cookies. Recipe can be halved. (But who would ever want to do that?)

Oh, by the way, my yoghurt is just fine. Good bacteria just grew and grew while it was incubating in the pantry cozy corner. I strained it all night, so it is more like cream cheese than Greek yoghurt. Okay by me!

And you won't read any more Paparazzi stories. Think I have worn that one out.

Soon I want to begin a Tuning the Tuin segment of my blog. I am an avid collector of garden (Tuin) ideas in Mastering Gardening on my Pinterest boards. If you haven't followed me on Pinterest yet, just click the red button on the top right of this blog. I have collected way over 700 garden (flowers and vegs) ideas on my board. Browse and enjoy.

No comments: