Sunday, March 25, 2012

Summer Temps Again Today

Summer temperatures in Europe are more like spring or fall temps in my part of the US. But today we had warm, sunny weather again . Until around lunch time it was foggy and quite cool outside, but when we did our late afternoon walk today the weather was outstanding. Hope it stays like this for a few days. The only problem is that our bedroom heats up with the bright sunshine. Hope it cools off fast, too.

Besides visiting a few high school buddies of my hub this week, we are planning for an open house on Saturday. This apartment has been on the market for two years now, so it is time for a sale. This morning I chopped up the only plant still in the apartment. I started that plant from a small shoot about 10 years ago. The original plant was from my mother-in-law's house in Olst, and we had that old plant for almost 20 years, too. Don't ask me what kind of plant it was. Just a climber with large green leaves and long roots/feelers. Now it is finally in the trash bin, and my sister-in-law does not have to come here to water it anymore.

While we were getting rid of the real live plant, we dumped the plastic ferns that had been decorating the top of the kitchen cabinets. No way was I going to dust them, and now the kitchen looks cleaner. Now to do something with the two fake plants by the front door entrance!

No comments: