Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beware the Ides of March

You can always identify the scholars and the non-scholars by stating the following to them on March 15: Beware the Ides of March.

Somewhere back in 9th grade most Americans should have read and studied Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar." That on this date you need to watch out for back (or front) stabbing best friends is the actual warning is only remembered by the real Shakespeare nerds. Guess I am one of those, since I read and taught the old bard's stuff for way too many years. Every time my students and I studied Hamlet, I spent hours preparing the lessons. My hub was always dumbfounded that I had never learned enough to teach the play without more preparation. Guess that was just me.

Anyway, we have to heed the warning today. The real estate agent is coming to discuss this apartment selling thing, and it is time to get the rest in order. So Beware the Ides of March! Wish us luck, or even better, say a prayer!

Last evening we had Cajun food in Nunspeet at restaurant Fat Alice. The mixed grill was not bad with plenty of yummy salad and spicy fried potatoes. Not sure anyone has really heard of a real Fat Alice, but it wasn't a bad place to eat.

We also ordered our new bed ( to be paid on delivery, believe that or not), visited a real knitting shop and bought HUGE knitting needles, and stopped by an Internet yarn shop that just happened to be open when we passed the store. Now to practice my knitting with the HUGE needles!

No comments: